Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cutting skin above nail while bending notes on electric guitar?

When you bend notes on an electric guitar, do you end up with cuts on your fingers where the fingernail meets the finger? I seem to cut my fingers there with the string directly above the one I'm bending. They're minor, no blood really, but it hurts. Any suggestions on what to do?Cutting skin above nail while bending notes on electric guitar?
It's just somethin you gotta get used to. It may take a while, and a lot of practice, but eventually your skin will grow tough enough to withstand it.Cutting skin above nail while bending notes on electric guitar?
Keep at it, you will develop calluses. It's a badge of honor to have calluses from playing.





BB King: I always practice until my fingers bleed.
i usually dip my fingers in rubbing alcohol before and after i practice- it helps develop thicker caulus more quickly

No comments:

Post a Comment