Saturday, August 21, 2010

So, I broke a nail really bad. I'm not going to cut it off, can I put new-skin on it to keep it from catching

I got a real bad cut about 1cm down my right index finger at work last night. It penetrated through the nail, and split the nail. Rather than cutting the nail at the cut, I went the band-aid route to cover it. But, Can I put new skin on to make a layer to keep it from catching?





Any ideas?


ThanksSo, I broke a nail really bad. I'm not going to cut it off, can I put new-skin on it to keep it from catching
new skin or super glue works. after words you can get some stregthening nail polish but make sure that you get the kind with the fibers in it. I use Orly nail armor, you can find it at sally beauty supply.So, I broke a nail really bad. I'm not going to cut it off, can I put new-skin on it to keep it from catching
If your cut went through the nail to the nail bed, do not apply super glue or nail polish to it! Your wound needs to heal.





Wash it well. Pat the area dry, gently, then pour some peroxide over it. Once it stops fizzing, pat it dry again. Nu Skin may be the way to go, once it's clean.





However, I'm wondering if you saw a doctor? If it went all the way through the nail, the nail bed may be damaged, and you may need stitches to prevent a future nail deformity. Based on your description, it's a good idea to call your doctor's office and talk to a doctor, nurse, or medical assistant (not just a receptionist or office manager), at the least.





Either way, trim your nails short, about to the end of your finger. If they're long, you have to worry about more than just snagging: the long nails bumping into things can keep pulling at the injured area and prevent proper healing. Be very careful doing it, and trim a tiny bit at a time from each side of the nail, so you don't cause extra pain! If you're going to the doctor, just wait and let them trim it.
  • makeup 2009
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment