Thursday, August 5, 2010

Any way to stop biting your nails and skin around it?

okay so im 14 and i've been biting my nails and the skin around it since i've been like relly young.like when they get wet it gets relly gross but its a bad habbittt...i try stopping but it doesnt work. does anybody have any ideas of how to stop?????pleaseee and thanksss!Any way to stop biting your nails and skin around it?
get fake fails from a good salon


i bit around my nails and my nails are so short its scary





but my mom said to go get my nails done with her


i felt so pretty and i stopped and when they had to come off my real nails were so long and i tried not to bit but i did so i've been getting them done whenever i need them re-done, its not that expensive either to go to a salon





OR i heard from a friend that the nails from kiss were really goodAny way to stop biting your nails and skin around it?
Sorry can't help with a cure. Im 31 and been biting my nails bad since I was little. My fingers are pretty nasty looking also. I chew the nails, cuticles, inside of my mouth. It's just a habit that I can't break, when I'm bored it seems to break up time I guess. I bite them until they bleed sometimes and You'd think that would make me stop but it doesn't. I've had family members bet me $100 to stop for a week and couldn't do it! Dip them in cow crap, that would help....
my sister use to do that ALONG time ago.


so we went to sally beauty supplys %26amp; there's this nail polish you put on your nails that tastes disgusting %26amp; if you apply it %26amp; bite your nails you'll get an awful taste %26amp; will stop biting them it really worked.


im sure they sell it all wal-mart or a drug store [:


you should try it! !
GO to like a drug store or something like that and they have these nail polishes that if you put it on and you try to bite your nails it taste like **** so you will stop biting them. If that doesnt work then just get some fake nails and put them on so you dont bite your nails anymore....GOOD LUCK
I do that too! Well..did.





Did you know that about 98% of the germs you come in contact with during the day goes under your fingernails?





Start breaking the habit by starting a new one. Chewing gum when you feel that crave to bite, or a piece o candy. If you break a habit for 30 days, then usually it will continue.
yeah..i am 16 and i still suck my thumb. just keep your hands busy, like put nasty tasting nail polish on it or something. theres this stuff...i havent used it in a while, called thumbs it...i think thats what they call it, but it is the nastiest tasting thing ever. Its tastes gross...like spicy alchohol. gross.


try that
i did it too, and i got Acrylic nails and i didnt want to bite them off because they're kind of expensive.





also, when you find yourself doing it, chew gum or something!





hope it helped.
since its summer, at home if you dont have to go anywhere just put like vinegar or some gross tasting thing on your hands. dont know if it will work but you should give it a try
go get fake nails dona at a nail salon and it will stop your biting habits! Believe me, i used to have that habit but wen i got fake nails, i stopped biting! Good Luck! :-)
PUT MEDICINE OR LEMON JUICE ON THE TIPS OF YOUR FINGERS.





SOUNDS WEIRD BUT WHEN YOU GO TO BITE THEM IT TASTE SO BAD.


I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM YOU HAVE .
hmm this is kind of a hard one but what i would to is put pepper around and on my finger
I DO THE SAME THING !!
put band aids on them.
Hey there! Let me tell you - I did the same thing! Thankfully I stopped in timem but it really is a nasty habit and ne to be rid off. Ok so, you have several options. You can either by a nasty-tasting nail polish which can be found at beauty supply stores or salons. A popular one is called bite no more! One thing, i do have to ler you know is that nothing will work until you build up the resolve to stop biting your nails.It's the only way a plan will work and KEEP working is just seeing one of my friends with long gorgeous nails and I wanted to have mine be as nice.





I know many people recommended you to get acrylics, but I recommend you not too. Sure you might not bite the nails because they are not there to bite but trusts me, acrylics are horrible for your natural nails, when you take them off your nails will be thin and weak and not what you want.





Try to always have nail polish on your nails - even if it just a clear coat, many people don't realize just how much this can protect your nails. But to make the temptation of biting your nails less you should clean them, file them and do a lovely manicure- it doesn't have to be professional - you can always do it yourself! Nail designs are a great way to keep you form biting your nails because you will realize just how nice they look.


Even if you cant do a manicure again try to use at least a clear base coat - I recommend using the Quimica Alemana nail hardener - you can purchase this at LaCorina.com or the O.P.I. Nail Envy Nail Hardenee which you can purchase at the OPI website or any place which carries OPI!





If you need any ideas, you can always check out tutorials on youtube youll find tons.


A girl called Anna has a great channel with many tutorials - check it out here:


http://www.youtube.com/user/mayparis?ble鈥?/a>





I also have a channel were I do makeup and nail design vids:


http://www.youtube.com/user/curlysue4785





After your nails have grown don't forget to keep taking care of them. You can also find videos on basic nail care in the chaneels i just gave you!





Good luck! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment