Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A dog bit my index finger and a part of the nail and some skin was shed off for two months already?

and I still feel some kind of swelling and I can't use my finger properly still because I feel pain when I touch the part of my finger although the nail has fully recovered. I was wondering if my finger would still recover back to its original state since I still feel a sensation but a very painful one.





I can't go to the doctor so a probable y!answer might suffice.A dog bit my index finger and a part of the nail and some skin was shed off for two months already?
Soak your hand in betadyne- a squirt and some warm water in a small bowl. Soak for 5 minutes. Do this 2-3 times a day.Sqeeze a soft ball as often as is comfortable. Pain is good- then you know it is still alive. Keep the hand clean and wear protective gloves when handling food. Where's the dog. was it reported?A dog bit my index finger and a part of the nail and some skin was shed off for two months already?
get to the doctor coz you might not sure of the dog is free from rabies!!! you should be frightened if thats the case... you may die
Well just be sure it isn't infected in any way before just leaving it alone. The sensation you still have is a good sign that you will recover back to normal. It is quite normal to have little to no sensation after a trauma such as a bad dog bite. Im a little concerned the swelling and pain after two months may be a sign of infection. You may want to see a Dr. either way. I wouldn't advise you to just leave it alone. Good luck.
you probably need antibiotics, are you sure the dog did not have rabies? I'd make sure on that one if I were you, rabies is fatal. For the finger itself, soak it daily in warm water and epsom salts, apply antibiotic ointment (bacitracin or neosporin) and cover with a bandage, do this for at least three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment