Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hair, skin, and nails vitamins- do they work?

I'm looking for hair growth and i recently picked up some vitamins at Target that are called Hair, skin, and nails by origin (for women). I've never heard of the brand before, but if they do the job i'll take them!





Does anyone have experience with the vitamins? Do they work? And if so, how long before you see results?Hair, skin, and nails vitamins- do they work?
YES YES YES, they work. Just taking a regular daily vitamin and eating a protein-rich diet will help as well, along with drinking lots of water.





But YES, those hair/skin/nail vitamins DO work, as do prenatals. In fact, I've taken prenatals myself to make my hair grow faster (although I'm lucky, my hair grows an average of 3/4'; a month, and most people is 1/2'; per month... and when I took the prenatals mine grew about 1 inch per month!)





Go for it! And good luck!





(ps... make sure you're getting regular trims, like once every 3 months or so to keep your hair growing out nice so it don't get split and frizzy and yucky... even if it's just 1/2'; off or so... it helps immensely in how quickly your hair will grow, too!)





Good luck!!! :)Hair, skin, and nails vitamins- do they work?
I haven't had experience with the Origin brand but I have used hair, skin and nail vitamins before and they definitely work. Give it a good two months when it comes to your hair but your nails should start seeing results within a couple weeks. I highly recommend using the vitamins consistently and for at least 6 months if not more. I've used them for about a year now and my hair is growing like crazy. Also, if your not seeing the best results using the hair, skin and nails vitamin, use prenatal vitamins, those give you double the amount of percentage needed daily, and work way faster! Either way, you should definitely see results, just give it time!
No, they aren't anything special.





Try this vitamin regime:


http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/鈥?/a>





This is what it says about prenatals - One word about prenatal supplements. I personally do not think they will boost hair growth anymore than a good multivitamin. There are a lot of good over-the-counter prenatals out there. I like Natrol probably the best. When I sat down and actually compared the ingredients in prenatal vitamins and multivitamins, the multivitamin actually had more than the prenatals did. Prenatal vitamins do contain extra iron (for anemia), folic acid (for birth defects), and potassium (to help with muscle cramps). Now, none of those ingredients will boost hair growth. I have had 3 pregnancies and I have NEVER taken prenatal vitamins. When I presented my vitamin program to my OB-GYN, each one has stated that they could not have put together a better vitamin program for overall health during pregnancy and after. They have never prescribed a prenatal for me. There really was no need.








I follow about 80% of it.
Vitamins may help your overall well-being, but they cannot target specific areas of your body. The vitamins you ingest do not know they are supposed to go and give you shiny hair or clear skin.





More likely, these vitamins are mainly vitamin B. Vitamin B contains a nutrient that forms the basis of skin, nail, and hair cells. The vitamins will only help if your diet is deficient in this already.
I take Biotin. Which works on hair skin and nail health. I find it works rather great. These vitamins come in a capsule and the bottle has about 120 of them. You are supposed to take 1 a day. So if you do that, it will last you a long time. Also Alpha Lipoic Acid (I think that's what its called) Is an Antioxidant and helps with Skin.
I know this is going to sound weird. But I have a friend that had short thin hair. She was researching and found tail %26amp; main horse shampoo/conditioner. She used it for about a month and her hair is gotten very long and had gotten a little thicker. Please take my advice b/c you deserve good hair, well everyone does!
yes vitamin E works on all those things and you should see results in less than 3 months. it takes a while for hair and nails to strengthen but the skin you should see a difference in a few weeks
Yes they do! You will love them. You can even take prenatal vitamins, which are virtually the same thing--even if you arent pregnant.
Yes they work ok, but I recommend just taking some prenatal Vitamins.
dr. oz on oprah sais NOTHING will make ur hair grow faster, but yes stuff can make it sronger. prenatel vitamins are good for those kinda things.
knox plain gelatin may work, probably jello too. The time depends on how long it takes your hair/nails to grow
Just use raw eggs for hair.....e lotion for skin, and drink milk for nails..........you don't need anything else.
didnt you take high school health??

No comments:

Post a Comment