Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What to do if my cat dug her nails into my skin?

Early this morning my cat dug her nails into my arm and made a puncture wound which bled a little and now is red looking. I used antiseptic cream on it. Do I need to see a nurse? What about a tetnus or should I be ok?What to do if my cat dug her nails into my skin?
Just treat it like any other minor wound skin wound. Keep it clean with bathing and antiseptic creams, cover it if it bleeds. You don't need to see a nurse, doctor, or get a shot.What to do if my cat dug her nails into my skin?
If everything clears up pretty quickly you should be fine. If not, you may have cat-scratch disease, which is when a cat scratches or bites you, therefore passing bacteria to you that my have been in their mouth or on their feet.





If you have any of the following symptom/problems you should call a doctor ASAP:





* A cat scratch or bite that does not heal in the usual length of time.


* An area of redness around a cat scratch/bite that continues to get bigger for more than 2 days after the injury.


* Fever that lasts for several days after a cat scratch or bite.


* Painful and swollen lymph nodes for more than 2 or 3 weeks.


* Bone or joint pain, abdominal pain (without fever, vomiting or diarrhea) or an unusual degree of tiredness for more than 2 or 3 weeks.





Hope everything works out!
i would think if the cat is vaccinated,you may be ok applying antibacterial cream.if not ,unless you yourself have had a tetnus shot{i could be rong so check first }for the last 10 years ,I would say go to a doctor.I do hope you swatted that little brat.
Hi, I have 2 cats they play with me alot.


When they do they sometimes scratch or dig their nails in, what I do is i put the scare under water for a cople of mins then I put a plaster on. 1 day after take the plaster of and put some cream on it should heal soon!
wash it out good!


peroxide should work..(:
ur fine.....would u freak if u got a papercut

No comments:

Post a Comment